- Top stories
- Top stories
- Lithuania-Turkmenistan: enormous potential for economic cooperation
- On his official visit to Turkmenistan, Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevičiaus met with President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov. They pointed out the particularly rapid development of the bilateral economic trade relations in the recent years, and the need to make a more extensive use of the current economic potential with a view to enlarging the range of the cooperation.
The Prime Minister congratulates the Prime Minister of Iceland
on the National Day of Iceland
- On behalf of the people and the Government of Lithuania, Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevičius congratulated Prime Minister of Iceland Sigmundur David Gunnlaugsson on the occasion of the National Day of Iceland.
- Lithuania will continue the work commenced by Ireland
- On Thursday, Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevičius met with Prime Minister of Ireland Enda Kenny. The potential for economic cooperation was emphasised, and Lithuanian preparation for Presidency of the Council of the European Union (EU) was discussed at the meeting. Moreover, the Irish shared their experience of the Presidency.
- Prime Minister: EC recommendations for Lithuania are part of our Government Agenda
- On Friday, the Lithuanian Prime Minister met with Vice-President of the European Commission, Viviane Reding. The meeting focussed on the economic situation in Lithuania and the European Union, May 29 EC Recommendations for Lithuania, Lithuanian Presidency priorities, and key initiatives in the field of justice.
- In Latvia, Baltic Prime Ministers discuss regional projects
- Today Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevičius participated in the Baltic Development Forum held in Riga, the capital of Latvia, as well as in the informal meeting of the Baltic Council of Ministers to discuss the Visaginas NPP, Rail Baltica and other significant regional projects.